Drug rep system.

YoJake

So ive found the new drug reputation system to be a really good change to the drug game. however if it could be reworked slightly it would be so much better. for example i was grinding for 10 hours last night boosting my rep from poor all the way to big pin II which is roughly 12-15 ranks up. i received community service today which totally reset my ranking. i dont think many people will want to grind for so long to cop 1 single charge and be back at square 1 as majority of crims who sell drugs commit other crimes aswell. if this could maybe be reworked to if you get busted and charged you say lose a rank or 2 for comm service and maybe like 4 for going to prison? as in the long run i think the whole drug game will become a stale mate when people finally lose their rep they have been grinding for. 

• Like 2

I think it is still in the balancing phase of implementation but so long as that wasn't the original intention of the devs I would be fine if it only went down a few ranks for each charge you got. I still think it should be going down as a drug dealer who is known to the system and gets regularly snagged for things isn't a great source of reliable drugs.

Just now, Vincent said:

I think it is still in the balancing phase of implementation but so long as that wasn't the original intention of the devs I would be fine if it only went down a few ranks for each charge you got. I still think it should be going down as a drug dealer who is known to the system and gets regularly snagged for things isn't a great source of reliable drugs.

most certainly agree. it should differ how much it goes down depending on how much you get busted. but like i said 10 hours of grinding to lose it all for being busted for the first time is rough as. it seems atm to be a waste of time. because i spent 10 hours grinding rep with drugs and not turning a profit where as if i did 10 hours of other illegal activity i could make 10x more cash. Totally understand its a new system and what not but thats just my 2cents for it. seems to be counterproductive to grind it just to lose all your hard work for a small charge.

1 minute ago, Jake Love said:

most certainly agree. it should differ how much it goes down depending on how much you get busted. but like i said 10 hours of grinding to lose it all for being busted for the first time is rough as. it seems atm to be a waste of time. because i spent 10 hours grinding rep with drugs and not turning a profit where as if i did 10 hours of other illegal activity i could make 10x more cash. Totally understand its a new system and what not but thats just my 2cents for it. seems to be counterproductive to grind it just to lose all your hard work for a small charge.

👍 That's all good bud, the forums are a good area for suggesting small changes to systems like this, The town hall is good and all but personally I think it is a better place for talks about rule changes rather than server suggestions and their implementation. Keep up the good work.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this but I wanted to add my 2 cents. Honestly the new drug system has a lot of potential but right now I think it needs some adjustments.

Below are the changes I have noticed to make drugs more difficult

- The gathering and processing part has been made longer with the introduction of Tasmania

- When selling you no longer get a prompt if police have been notified

- Like OP said it takes days (for most people) to level all the way up and it can all be lost for any crime it seems

- Now need Medium cops in the city otherwise there is no point in selling

With all those changes to make drugs harder to get away with you would think the money would be good right? Well it's actually terrible money even at King Pin 3 and you can earn more simply by driving between North and South chop shops and you have no risk of losing your rep. 

Bugs I have noticed

- Selling 2-4 bags will sell for the same price as if you sold just 1 bag

- At King Pin 3 sometimes you will do a hand off and get paid then afterwards the civ does the agro thing but it will also make me lose rep? This -rep has caused me to derank multiple times now back to King Pin 2 even though I have done 20 successful deals at King Pin 3

My solution

- Make the higher levels pay more or add more levels beyond King Pin 3

- Should be able to sell multiple bags at once. (You could make it realistic by giving slight discounts for bulk orders. E.g. 1 bag sells for 1000, 2 bags sell for 1800, 3 bags sells for 2400 etc)

Edited by Bmin

I do agree that the drug system has some flaws. But with police numbers being medium for much longer now with all the recruits it shouldn't be taking days and days to level up, if it is there is something you're doing wrong along the line.