Registered Officials of Legal Offices

Suggestion:

Give Trainee Lawyers who are registered with the a legal office an actual job role (i.e Office of Public Prosecutions: Trainee Lawyer) due to the massive difference between a registered trainee lawyer and a job center trainee lawyer. Most officers decline job center trainee lawyers from entering the police department to do legal representation work in the first place. However, registered trainee lawyers actually put in a lot of time, work and effort into going to police departments to do legal rep work, not to mention the amount of work that goes into criminal charges appeals and FPO appeals, and I feel like we deserve an actual Job Role and a higher tick rate due to the great RP that we provide to all parties involved, I can safely say that 90% of the officers I have personally dealt with as a lawyer were happy with the RP provided. They were also happy with the professionalism and knowledge shown. A lot of officers expressed positive feedback and actually started recommending myself and my associate to detainees.

To follow on that point, I'd like to ask for the ability to invoice people as a registered trainee lawyer, Crown prosecutor or Defense Lawyer when it becomes a separate Job role, we go down to police departments, provide wonderful professional RP, a lot of cases we put in a lot of time and effort into just so that at the end of the day we may or may not get paid. It doesn't make sense to me how RACV employees for example have an invoice system while anyone can go to the job center and grab the RACV Job and Registered lawyers and trainee lawyers who have to submit an application and go through a screening process dont have the ability to do so. If its a matter of being afraid of it being abused, the abuser could always face penalty from Gov.

Yours faithfully,

Moe Familia

• Like 2