Change ability to lock any car.

Scuba Steve

The ability to lock any car with the command /lo is being abuse quite a bit. People are power gaming in many different ways with it. Whether it's locking cars at gold lot so people can't buy them, locking there mates car who has been shot or died while driving. People being cuffed when being robbed and locking the car. There is many different ways that this command is being abused. I'm not sure how the script works but possibly changing it so it only works if the player is recognised to have keys to that certain car. This change could benefit the server quite a bit when it comes to power gaming and also trolls. 

• Like 2

Just to add on to your point Scuba, it would be good to see that change implemented on local cars too. Hopefully this could drive up the Taxi Business...

The only concern is when a player is having connectivity issues and are dropped from the server with an unlocked car - I could see there being plenty of complaints about people using that as an opportunity to rob them dry.

• Like 2

Being able to lock peoples' cars when their heads pop is something I appreciate being able to do. I like seeing it done within the communities around job sites (and everyone likes to be able to do it for their friends, of course). 

However, if it's being abused at the gold lot: that is an issue. And I would absolutely love if people who witness it would clip it, grab /ids, and send in tickets. 

I do think local cars need to be exempt from /lo & /lu. The amount of powergaming that is done with this is utterly ridiculous. The only time I see it being valid is when you've already broken the window (because then you can RP reaching in to lock/unlock the car, so long as you're right next to it), but most of the time it's done the person is at a distance from the car using some magical keyfob. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HeroicLeigh said:

Being able to lock peoples' cars when their heads pop is something I appreciate being able to do. I like seeing it done within the communities around job sites (and everyone likes to be able to do it for their friends, of course). 

However, if it's being abused at the gold lot: that is an issue. And I would absolutely love if people who witness it would clip it, grab /ids, and send in tickets. 

I do think local cars need to be exempt from /lo & /lu. The amount of powergaming that is done with this is utterly ridiculous. The only time I see it being valid is when you've already broken the window (because then you can RP reaching in to lock/unlock the car, so long as you're right next to it), but most of the time it's done the person is at a distance from the car using some magical keyfob. 

Well said Rosa. There is always pros and cons to changes that happen, and I think you've just nailed the biggest one. I did forget to mention the local cars as stated by you and Diego and I completely agree with you both there. In the long run removing the command will cause more good than harm, and I think it's something people might have to take on the chin to prevent people using it in a power gamey way. As for now the community can try combat it (especially at gold lot and chop shop) by reporting these people who are abusing the command.