Letting others hear your radio if standing close together

As it currently stands, If you hear something on radio, anyone standing even right next to you wouldnt be able to hear it which is unrealistic and besides other people being able to hear you talk, is the exact same as using discord (which is considered metagaming). I think it would be cool to have it so when you are standing in a certain radius of someone, you can faintly hear their radio in the background. This would prevent possible powergaming occuring. (FOR EXAMPLE) If a cop was on a traffic stop with someone on the radio possessing a firearm and if the criminal were to hear "Okay were going into shoot the cop now", technicly if the windows were down the officer would be able to hear that and could react to the situation. I think this could add a cool roleplay aspect similar to how phone calls work (how we can hear the other end of the call if were standing close by to them). Would love to hear your thoughts on this idea.

All the radios I own for my motorbike and paintball have earpieces. For that exact reason (not shooting cops) so that when on the paintball field you don't give yourself away but can call out targets to your team mates.

Everyone can hear you talk into the radio but the response is in-ear.

20 hours ago, Jim Gordon said:

All the radios I own for my motorbike and paintball have earpieces. For that exact reason (not shooting cops) so that when on the paintball field you don't give yourself away but can call out targets to your team mates.

Everyone can hear you talk into the radio but the response is in-ear.

This is fine but most people don't have earpieces on their character to make those private conversations make sense, We already an instance of the clothes you wear changing what you can and can't do IC (this being the forced use of the bodycam chest piece for situations you have recorded and want to use IC.)

I think it would be silly to force people to use earpieces if they ever wanted to use the radio so being able to hear everyone's conversations both ways seems like the easiest solution and a cool game play mechanic.

Overhearing one side of a radio conversation is helpful, hearing the person on the other side of the radio agreeing to bombing your nan's house is much better.

• Like 3

personally I like the privacy of no one being able to hear what is being said on the other end of the radio.