New New Player Guide

HeroicLeigh

Hey folks!

As a technical writer by trade, it caught my eye seeing chatter of needing more extensive documentation. So I figured I'd try my hand at a new new player guide. The ones present are either out of date or lack things that I personally think a new player should know. 

How you can help is to answer the question: What do you know now that you wish you'd known upon first arriving in the city?

Note: this does not cover things that should be learned in roleplay. I'm talking about things like:

• /hud to show/hide the HUD.
  • How to set the limiter on your car (Ctrl+Enter).

Future planned guides:

• A new keybinds guide (the current one on the forums is out of date and is missing some useful ones; same thing with F3).
  • An intro to Roleplay guide (this would be very basic and just include tips, advice, guidance for people who have never RP'd before).
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How to lock/unlock car if using a laptop (PgDn) doesn't work.

Is there anything a new player needs to do upon purchasing a new car? (search in glovebox for key)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Found out after 2 hours of playing and being lost you can and need to buy a phone.

That you start with money.

What to do if you break down.

As someone who has watched a bit of GTA 5 RP on twitch but not done any. I'm finding the learning curve VERY steep. I still don't know how to see all the other discord channels that I feel like I should be able to see.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hi im very new to the server. how do you drop things you pick up. i picked up a fuel canister and cant drop it now

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/06/2021 at 1:00 AM, Ohnoes said:

hi im very new to the server. how do you drop things you pick up. i picked up a fuel canister and cant drop it now

Sorry I haven't checked the forums or this in a while. I hope you figured this out! If not, when in your inventory put the quantity in the bottom left box and then drag the item to the Drop option.