Kudos

HeroicLeigh

I didn't see anything like this so I thought I'd get it started. A place where we can call out awesome RP, funny RP, etc. Can't really break character to go 'hey that was some amazing shit,' but I am a huge fan of letting people know when they are appreciated.

So, I'll start: River Mills, dude, you have been a highlight of my time here so far. I'm hella glad to have met you and been able to play with you. Not only have you been a great help in (through natural RP) getting me situated and learning the ropes in the city, but you have also made me laugh my ass off on more than one occasion (and be super grateful for PTT as a result). Your character is a hot mess, but he's a loveable hot mess. Don't change. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care if I end up the only one to post here. As I said before, it's not like I can tell someone in RP that I love their RP.

Ying Chao - you stand out in so many ways *in a good way*. So many of us are beautiful people in that cookie cutter kind of way. You break the mold in so many ways and I was honestly thrilled I got to RP with you for an interview. I absolutely super look forward to doing so again in the future.

• Like 2

April, your tour of the city for a newcomer was beautiful. Great driving, great tips, and even helped me and my 134 hours gain a deeper understanding of the game.

Stayed in character the whole time, so bravo and thank you.

• Like 2

A lot of people don't actually realise their efforts roleplaying even go acknowledged. You would think there would be an appreciation thread, because it's always nice being complimented on how well you can portray a character. 

Top stuff, @HeroicLeigh!

• Like 2

April O. - Great taxi service and show around the city for a 3 person fair. In character the whole time, a lot of information, and a tidy 90 min 'scene'

Ricky - I don't think I've ever seen Ricky not be 'On' everything he does and says (great voice) just feels like something is happening.

Vadim - He is crazy, but the unhinged friendly / violent transitions are good and make you really afraid that at any moment he might just decide to shove you out of the car for disrespecting the motherland.

Nigel & Shane from Luxury Auto - I go in a lot and just like a real dealership they are always happy to see me (take my money), provide great customer service, and entertaining anecdotes. There is a strong feeling that besides buying a car I'm building a relationship everytime I visit. Sometimes I just swing by to see what might be up that day, it's a great way to breakup the grind sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jesus - Normally shtick characters don't do well but whoever plays Jesus is very quick and consistent with his outbursts. He is unreliable and sketchy in the best kinds of way. Is he a mental patient, is he jesus? Who knows.

Psychic Ann - I've bumped into her a few times, but the dedication to the tarot reading and being an old lady (and so tall) is really good. I've never had a bad scene with her even when I was peacefully protested into my car by the crazy people that follow her around.

• Like 2

Officer Bjorn - Great professional police RP, good time management of when to move onto the next call, keeps his cool even when citizens all come to talk to him or make trouble right in front of him. Solid influence and enjoy arriving to calls when he's already on scene.

• Like 2

Rim is basically better call saul only he never sets foot in a court room. Great laugh everytime.

• Like 2

Absolute props to Frankie. She's handling some shit her character has been through (incl. a stalker that tbh I would have reported to the city long ago) completely in-city. It takes a lot to do that. It's good RP, it's complex character development, but a lot of us (and there's no shame in it) skate by it because we want fun in our gaming as much as possible. 

On top of that, she doesn't make it overly dramatic. I've played with too many people over the years (non-bluebird RP) who would take what Frankie's been through and use it to just be an attention-obsessed drama queen. She generates amusing moments of RP with it, which isn't easy to do.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recent sighting (I forget his name) of a redneck type in overalls with hands down the best excuse ever to be out in the wilderness in a suspicious vehicle with suspicious supplies. I have high hopes for this dubious character and his 'camping' expeditions. I hope he enjoys his time at the oil fields.

I have pinned this topic temporarily,

I personally believe it was doing a good job of encouraging community members in giving positive feedback to one another, a lot people feel undervalued in this community so I think this would be a good thing to start back up again.

I don't get to play much but I will start it off again by saying Kudos to Leigh, You already were given CAT but you have been trying to do a bunch for our community in the past couple months and I think that was really cool, thanks for making this post so that we can all acknowledge what others have given to the community.

• Like 4

Douglas Stone (WatchMarioLive) - Always has the greatest RP when it comes to criminal activities or just being really entertaining.

Reinesha Willaims (Mitchiijohn)- The way this character is played is perfect, every encounter i have had i end up dying of laughter. What a joy to have him in the city.

Jayce Roam (Juckor) - It's always a pleasure to see Jayce in this city, the way he developed his character from being a fat with a lisp crim working at McDoanlds, to turning into a clown looking cop and now back to somewhat normal looking. He provides great entertainment in city especially with some of the comments he makes. Major props to him.

Natasha Queen (TheGamingGay) Natasha provides excellent RP in the city, the way she mmakes drama look much more dramatic than it is, is gods work. Love seeing her in city, and also watching her streams while she is being a paramedic.

These are just some of the ones off the top of my head, will edit post if i can think of some others !

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Officer Brian "BT" Taylor -  The other night (Night of Mac Daddy and Natashas wedding I believe) I was doing CFA and had been called out to a couple of EMR and MVA events. 2 times in the same night involved Mr. Taylor his dunken ramblings were bloody funny and at times I was stugling to keep it together.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2021 at 1:20 AM, dpgaming said:

Officer Brian "BT" Taylor -  The other night (Night of Mac Daddy and Natashas wedding I believe) I was doing CFA and had been called out to a couple of EMR and MVA events. 2 times in the same night involved Mr. Taylor his dunken ramblings were bloody funny and at times I was stugling to keep it together.

You know what, I'm gonna follow up on this one. I love BT. His chaotic energy is beautiful. His use of emotes is *top fucking notch*. 
BT, if Jeshin ever falls in the line of duty, gimme a call? 😉

• Like 2

Constable Colt Walker, thank you for always giving me some really enjoyable RP and giving me calls when you detain people who need legal representation, when we went on that field trip to find the bullet casings that were gonna determine whether the detainees were going to walk away free or not, that was easily the best case I've ever had to deal with so thank you for that.

Senior Leading Constable Jeshin Hardy, I always look forward to seeing you in city, not only because you provide me with great RP opportunities, but your constant words of encouragement in and out of city were one of the factors that kept me motivated to keep going forward and pursuing the lawyering career. So, thank you for that, it really means more than you think.

First Constable Jackson Denny, seeing you in city always meant that im about to have a good laugh despite of the seriousness of the situation, specially when you're the arresting officer, I always enjoy RPing around you so, keep it up!

Edited by Moe Familia
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Probably a bit of useless post. But I'd like to give a shout out to the random guy with a blue car a (skyline?) Who randomly picked me up and took me to hospital the otherday, when I had a muscle twitch and my character dropped dead in the middle of the street. My voice box was acting up too so I couldn't even say thanks. 

I sent a message out on Twitch too, but if the random dude with black hair and a blue car sees this. Thank you, you legend. 

Edited by bobsmith3000
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, wondering if it is worth making some sort of "Role play of the Month"  'event/moment of the month"  style shout out or award thingy ?

Regardless of whether or not anyone wants to make an award thingy. I'd like to nominate and give Kudos to Acting Senior Sergeant Brian BT Taylor (Caliscutest), though perhaps not Vicpol standard operating protocols. He did make suspects sing "I want it that way" in a police line up about 20 minutes ago, i'm sure someone clipped it, was hilarious. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Badman - Thanks for always being a good laugh and making my day brighter when i bump into you. Constantly a surprise and bit of excitement when you're around as really anything is possible.. Are you a good guy, Are you a bad guy? I'm not even sure you know, but that's the fun of it! I don't know how your vocal chords are still in tact but i salute you and your efforts to bring something new and different into the city. Your arms must also really hurt being held up to your hips for so long every day, I hope you have good orthopedic doctor.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Stars - Would RP with again.

• Like 3

Mad props have to go to Nar / Acting LSC Maisie Burton.

The girl just puts an amazing amount of RP into every single situation she is in, she is an officer who shows how police should be (and aren't always). She knows who her character is and sticks to it at all times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to Wasteman Wez, constantly putting on a great accent in high pressure and tense situations, It took me months to actually realize you weren't British. From the insults, to the slang that is used in that part of the world, always top tier RP, you know you character through and through! and always a pleasure to be around.

Absolute legend.

• Like 2

Raven Monroe Or is it Dakota Kay? Either way - My doppleganger. I fucking love you. You're always a great start to the day around TBT. The inside joke of "Hello Raven/Dakota" is something that makes me laugh, and I'm so glad that someone else has good fashion sense! Whether it be in our trademark leather jackets, to hairstyles in uniform, you go girl. You make me so happy when I see you. And hearing your stories of "I was having a conversation with XYZ and they thought I was you!" are always fantastic - even though we sound nothing alike! Thank you for being here.

18 hours ago, Ajj said:

+1 to Wasteman Wez, constantly putting on a great accent in high pressure and tense situations, It took me months to actually realize you weren't British. From the insults, to the slang that is used in that part of the world, always top tier RP, you know you character through and through! and always a pleasure to be around.

Absolute legend.

Wagwan g, how are you old friend? We used to run these streets my friend, back when i was the greatest roadman.

• Like 1