Increasing Lobby Size

Eon

Im new to this server and am really keen to get playing on it. The only thing though, is that the server is always full. I would love if you guys could increase maybe to 400 at once and considering it is so popular, if you need to pay to increase size, I'm sure it would be worthwhile as you would gain new players.

• Like 1

+1. I've been in queue for 1 hr 10 minutes now when it says there's 10 spaces free. And they still have the old no -longer-a-thing "become allowlisted" messsage up(??)

Feels like they're keeping the cap on so more people buy gold lol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/03/2021 at 1:56 PM, Just_n said:

+1. I've been in queue for 1 hr 10 minutes now when it says there's 10 spaces free. And they still have the old no -longer-a-thing "become allowlisted" messsage up(??)

On 20/03/2021 at 12:17 PM, Eon said:

Im new to this server and am really keen to get playing on it. The only thing though, is that the server is always full. I would love if you guys could increase maybe to 400 at once and considering it is so popular, if you need to pay to increase size, I'm sure it would be worthwhile as you would gain new players.

It just really isn't worth it on their behalf. RP quality will fall, and as is, 300 is much higher compared to other servers. To maintain healthy RP, you need to keep your playerbase tight, and you can only do so much at higher numbers.

• Like 3

At 300 people, the server is struggling immensely. It's not even RP quality. It's  just sheer play quality. If you upped it to 400 you'd absolutely hate it and end up complaining that the server is 'garbage.' All because it just has too many people.

Servers tend to be smaller because that's how you ensure a quality play experience from multiple levels:

- Ratio of mod/admin-to-player

- Ratio of people to interact with (fewer people flooding the server just because it has space and more people there because they have a vested interest)

- Server capability in keeping up with streaming to individual connections worldwide

• Like 3

On 20/03/2021 at 1:56 PM, Just_n said:

I wish I could edit this original reply of mine with clarification or delete it altogether.

As I said on a similarly natured topic post made on the same day, this was whiny and entitled to say and I sincerely apologise for it.

It's embarrassing in retrospect now that I've learnt more about the server and fivem servers in general. 

Sorry guys.