Fagin Gray - Appealing Charges - AEST Queensland

faneto

Question

Hi there, I am writing this legal aid question in regards to my 1mil worth of weaponry being taken off me last night in city. I was roaming around on a BMX bike and went in my head for around 5 - 10 minutes for out of city purposes and came back to multiple officers outside the jewellery store which had just been shot up. The officer hopped out and instantly handcuffed me and searched when i had nothing to do with the situation and was in my head. It frustrates me to write this because it could've been avoided. I would appreciate a lawyer on my behalf. 

Kinds Regards,

Fagin Gray

1 answer to this question

To Whom It May Concern,

Victoria Police need only a reasonable suspicion to lawfully search a citizen. Being at the scene of a crime whether intentional or otherwise empowers Victoria Police to lawfully search your person. Community relations would dictate this approach while legal is undesirable as it causes mistrust in the community but it is not illegal. If your weapons were licensed and legally owned and there is no evidence you committed a crime than you would have an appeal.

Additionally it is unfortunate but true that being in ones head is never a lawful excuse/explanation for a situation. People day dream all of the time and one can never know if they are day dreaming or simply pretending to day dream. Thus while out of your home and in city you should always endeavour to be alert like any other citizen might be.

If your confiscated items were licensed and lawful please contact me at my e-mail Jeshin#6713

signed
Trainee Lawyer Ricardo Bontigo
Office of Legal Defence

Important Information

Please read the Terms of Use and Guidelines. Also be aware that we use We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. to help you on our forums.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]