Ben Hopkins - Seeking Damages - AEST

JacobO

Question

Name: Ben Hopkins
Case against: VICPOL
Brief summary of situation: A Vicpol police officer broke prison protocol and took my jail tickets for no reason other than her not liking my attuited. She had violated the prisons guidelines, procedures and also made me say in jail longer to get those tickets back. A formal complaint has been lodged.
Expected outcome from court: The officer to be demoted or retrained and compensation for the extra time I had to do in jail along with the lack of trust to report to police.
Extra Information/Requests: I do have 2 witnesses plus the Vicpol officer who took my complaint whist in jail.

1 answer to this question

To Whom It May Concern,

Per the Melbourne Remand Center induction address: If you fight, smuggle contraband, behave aggressively towards anyone, or fail to comply with any directions from a prison officer your sentence may be extended or you will have privileges revoked.

Under this portion of the induction address you could have had your tickets removed thus prolonging your sentence for a bad attitude if that attitude expressed as aggression and/or a failure to comply. In addition any items removed by being processed into the MRC cannot be reclaimed. If you have an item which is not illegal to possess in the future than I advise you use your one phone call to contact a lawyer and/or friend to hold the item for you with the permission of the arresting officer. If the officer declines than request their reason for the denial as well as their rank / name.

That being said I believe that only corrections officers or police officers who are also corrections are permitted to punish prisoners of the MRC. If you believe an officer without lawful authority removed your tickets and you did not behave aggressively or fail to comply than please contact me at my e-mail Jeshin#6713

signed
Trainee Lawyer Ricardo Bontigo
Office of Legal Defence

Edited by Jesh

Important Information

Please read the Terms of Use and Guidelines. Also be aware that we use We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. to help you on our forums.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]