Basil Jet - Appealing charges - GMT, AEDT

FuriousRum

Question

Name: Basil Jet

Case against: VicPol

Brief summary of situation: I was a legitimate Civilian hostage. CIRT did not follow SOPs and decided to breech. CIRT showed callous disregard for my health, wellbeing and safety. I was shot by a member of CIRT while surrendered on ground as a hostage. I was charged inappropriately, and wasn't informed that DNA was being taken.

Members of CIRT have since apologised and Victoria Police have said they will not challenge this application.

Expected outcome from court: Charges revoked, DNA wiped from Police database, compensation for injury and harm. CIRT to adopt proper TTPs and adher to them.

Extra Information/Requests: If the officer who shot me is identified I would like a written apology. That officer also requires additional weapons handling training.

1 answer to this question

Mr. Jet,

If you would be so kind as to contact me at my email address (HeroicLeigh#6745), I will be happy to discuss this further with you. I apologize for the delay in someone taking up your case: we were very busy toward the end of the year with wrapping up cases before the court closed for the holiday. However, we can still certainly look into this for you.

Regards,
Rosa Vidal
Registered Lawyer
Office of Legal Defence

Important Information

Please read the Terms of Use and Guidelines. Also be aware that we use We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. to help you on our forums.