GRAY GROUP

Hello

Over the past months I have gained a lot of interest in the city and wanted to support it as much as possible both with contributions and enriched RP game play.

In doing so I wish to start an organisation called GRAY GROUP.  This Group will be home to a more civilized and select bunch of the legal aid community to run the law firm currently know as GRAY LAW which has already privately negotiated several cases with police and clients to find a suitable penalty for criminal actions. This, in most cases has lead to an incredible role play were both parties have been satisfied and on top of that, we have been completely flexible with our rates, were all cases are free and we will only accept gifted amounts from our clients if they wish to do so without being asked. Its my belief that if GRAY LAW can operate without expecting money in return, It will remove the pressure on the Lawyer working the case and the client worrying about the upcoming fees and open the door for newer players(Danny's) to be shown the correct way RP should be carried out. I have seen other lawyers operate neglecting defensive strategies for the client such as mental state(people new to RP), clarity of instruction and in a more recent case a slight language barrier between officer and client. On the other hand I have also seen some lawyers lacking in negotiation skills and knowing when a fair judgement has already been found and refusing to accept it and encourage the client it is a fair deal taking up valuable time the officers sometimes don't have. Since working we have also started offering rehab as an option to the officers for client punishment so to speak, where we as lawyers take the client to the hospital and talk through ways they can improve there RP and avoid the situations happening again creating a better experience for themselves and others for a more long lasting effect.

This is not to say that the lawyers aren't great in there own way but instead shows that other legal firms aren't paying attention to the details and the training and group brainstorms that should be occurring and GRAY LAW wants to be known for. This is why I would love the opportunity to run a service which could hopefully have lawyers working around the clock but also maintain other jobs if need be.

I have also been experimenting with a couple of other company ideas:

-Gray Funeral Planners

-Gray Formal Vehicle Transport

-Gray Vehicle Rental

Thank you for taking the time to read my proposition  

Hmmm will the Org consist of Trainee lawyers only or are OLD/OPP aligned and registered lawyers allowed to join as well? If they are, how will you handle the conflict of interest when you have OPP/OLD lawyers under the same firm? The only way I can see no COI is if your org only does civil cases, which are not very common in city. Keep in mind that if your law firm doesn't have registered lawyers they won't be able to take cases to DCV which will undermine your org a lot.

If you're just looking to start a law firm to legal rep people in police stations/MCV, you dont need an org, crew at most. 

Edited by Moe Familia

Thanks for bringing up these points Moe Familia.

-Conflict of interest can easily be avoided by not allowing lawyers to act on a case if the clients are conflicting but will take on the side of the client which first reaches out and allow a legal rep from the firm to take a temporary leave of absence and serve the opposing client as a independently operating lawyer if they wish to do so.  

-Gray Law will take on Trainee and experienced lawyers(registered or not) but only allow Trainees to operate once deemed competent and have shown that they have the requesting clients interest at heart.

-We will hopefully be able to represent out clients in court and in a police station when detained before they are given there penalties. As for only needing a crew or nothing at all, this is untrue according to some law enforcement and this is why I have chosen to start an org.

I understand that this will do against your legal practice as what might seem as competition, so I understand that my application isn't in your best interest but I hope we can both operate without trying to put one over each other and instead trying to learn something from both sides.   

8 hours ago, Mr Gray said:

Thanks for bringing up these points Moe Familia.

-Conflict of interest can easily be avoided by not allowing lawyers to act on a case if the clients are conflicting but will take on the side of the client which first reaches out and allow a legal rep from the firm to take a temporary leave of absence and serve the opposing client as a independently operating lawyer if they wish to do so.  

-Gray Law will take on Trainee and experienced lawyers(registered or not) but only allow Trainees to operate once deemed competent and have shown that they have the requesting clients interest at heart.

-We will hopefully be able to represent out clients in court and in a police station when detained before they are given there penalties. As for only needing a crew or nothing at all, this is untrue according to some law enforcement and this is why I have chosen to start an org.

I understand that this will do against your legal practice as what might seem as competition, so I understand that my application isn't in your best interest but I hope we can both operate without trying to put one over each other and instead trying to learn something from both sides.   

Dear Gray,

I apologize if I sounded aggressive I certainly did not mean to, what I meant by conflict of interest is that members of OLD and OPP work together under the same firm , that poses a big conflict of interest, I understand that you may not assign them to the same case, but a lot of things can go south putting OLD and OPP in the same law firm to work together, as things or information that may be confidential may get leaked or used in OPP/OLD cases. 

As to needing an organization to run a law firm, I just fail to see why you'd need an org to run a law firm? you can always run it as a business and create a discord server for your law firm where all the lawyers under your firm can communicate with each other regarding cases, assuming that you get permission from government and invite BBRP staff to the discord. 

As to the competition, I assure you my reply to your application has nothing to do with what my character does in city, this isn't Moe Familia answering but the person behind the character. Moe Familia is becoming a Magistrate and is also a trainee lawyer in OPP and has no interest in running a law firm. In fact, most of the work he does is Pro bono and does it for fun not for the money so again, there's no competition. If I remember correctly, Moe did in fact text you when he saw your ad for the first time in YP and offered the help in case Gray needed anything or has any questions, so I fail to understand why you'd think im opposing the org idea because of fear of competition?

I hope you dont take this the wrong way, I am just voicing my opinion on the matter as a fellow lawyer and a soon-to-be Magistrate.

yours truly,

Moe Familia 

Edited by Moe Familia

Please note that organizations are criminal organizations. Lawyers aligned with the OLD and OPP are expected to keep clean (at least relatively) records. 

As Moe has said, you may prefer to look at applying for a business (though do note any business or organization requires a person who is whitelisted to run it).

• Like 1