Truck Logistics

BlueBirdRP

This Topic will be a centralised hub for all things Trucking Logistics.

The job is currently whitelisted to those who came down on the first day while we are testing out issues with it.

I will add comments below with more information including:
 - Known bugs/issues
 - Things being worked on
 - Things that will require those doing the job to submit information

Once the job is at a place that feels as if all bugs are either fixed or can be lived with, the job will be opened up to more players
 (I will be making the choice if it's ready to go not anyone else, so don't nag!)

The link attached is a list of XYZ coordinates for all current drop off locations. Using this we will hopefully be able to figure out which locations are causing issues. Unfortunately giving me a post code isn't the same as coordinates as they are into the decimate places. So hopefully we can get closer using these coordinates to look at removing locations. This will hopefully be turned into something on the wiki at some point so that it has a nicer interface with photos/videos to help people out.
 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YzYtDxWcVil2wKNFuOC0UJ_GxZ2VTh9z39TdTuBrmHg/edit?usp=sharing

To make things easier, I've enabled comments on that sheet so we can keep the coordinates chat all together

25e68923dddbdbc917a6d6dccfcf44a460285493_2_1024x372.png

• Like 4

The only stuff that still needs "fixing" would be:
 - the trailers that don't work together [temp fix... hold F6 and get a new job]
 - the Distance perk points being usable [temp fix is on the back end, everyone has 6 points, it just doesn't display them]
 - the removal of locations that are impossible to park in [temp fix is people quiting the jobs when they realize it doesn't work after recording the location]

Other than that, I'm going through and improving things, like:
 - more job types that don't require special upgrades, so we can have more people at low level doing the job so we can open it up to the wider community
     - Need people to suggest job titles (they can be meme ones like Modest Hydration Water Delivery)
 - adding more locations across the map for deliveries
     - Need people to first record all the existing locations (Which I will provide a list of), then start suggesting new locations (preferably difficult to get to ones but not impossible)
 - Adding more trucks and trailers
     - Every truck that is added needs to be added the attachment file for all existing trailers
     - Every trailer that is added needs to be added the attachment file for all existing trucks
 - Adding a second depot
     - The script looks like it should allow for it, but it doesn't seem to want to do it any time I try 😕

• Like 3

I noticed a few jobs in the list today for "Grains (Requires Tractor)" will this be one of vehicles that's added?

Also not so much of a bug but something that's more of a nice to have would be a general car garage near 19. There's been a couple of times I've done a few job and my car disappears leaving me stranded 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dpgaming said:

I noticed a few jobs in the list today for "Grains (Requires Tractor)" will this be one of vehicles that's added?

Also not so much of a bug but something that's more of a nice to have would be a general car garage near 19. There's been a couple of times I've done a few job and my car disappears leaving me stranded 

There has already been topics brought up to Scar about this, as many people have asked. So he is already aware of the garage and everyone wanting one closer.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2021 at 4:25 PM, dpgaming said:

Update on the "Grains" job. Works fine if you are doing the Cargo job type and own the tractor. if you do it as one of the Quick jobs, it gives you a random truck instead of the tractor. might need to be removed from the quick job selection or make it so it always gives you the tractor for this job

Also is there a way we can see exact XYZ coordinates in game?

Edited by dpgaming
Adding extra bit instead of adding whole new post