Update to GUI/Phone GUI?

I'm unsure if this is already on the agenda of the devs, but I personally would love to see the current graphical interface be changed to something more modern. I personally look at the current GUI and think 'This could be better' and with the current influx of players and content creators, I think it's time for a refresh to make it look appealing to both viewers and the players eyes!

A couple of things spring to mind:

2112767955_currentUI.thumb.JPG.19f26724c0e7df38001d40403668ea73.JPG

1) The map seems a bit outdated. I think a circular map would be more aesthetically pleasing. I also believe that the map should only show when in a car and not when roaming about, or atleast give the option to close it when not in a vehicle. This is personally because from an RP perspective, it doesn't make much sense to have a map constantly open. 

2) I think that instead of having to type /location to bring up the location next to the map, it would make more sense to have a overhead indicator telling you North/South/East/West and the street names. The current system is awkward and requires user input to bring up, which I think is lackluster.

3) The top right job title/player meters. It's a very basic design that I personally think clutters the screen too much. Do we really need to know our occupation 24/7? It's something that is easily found out from our F5 key. I also don't understand why we show armour/health twice (Bottom left under the map and top right). It seems unnecessary and could be in a better spot overall. 

4) The bottom right. This is a big one - there's just cluttered garbage everywhere. I think it's showing the street you're currently on, with a time/date/location and shows what voice setting you're on with the radio channel. This is way too much in one spot and looks ugly. 

5) The top left BBRP logo is fine imo but as the server has grown so quickly, it could be better to place it elsewhere or even update it. 

As for the phone stuff - I personally think the yellow pages/twitter ads could look so much better or appear somewhere else. As it stands, they appear and takeup a bulk of the screen with blocky text boxes that look super unappealing. I feel like at the very least they should be tied to the phone and appear within it when coming up on screen instead of just shoving it into the center of our visions. I think there could be a lot of interesting things done with the phone, but from an aesthetic perspective, it could definitely use a change. 

Edited by JayceOCE
  • Like 1

I like it and defintely support changing the things bottom right, I can't read half of it when I have a radio going

I think I saw someone mention that there are no ui Devs on the team right now so unless premade or a small edit it is hard to change. I am not against it being changed hower.

This is a great idea Jayce, there's a few things i would like to see changed. The Phone system, trying to save contacts sometimes can be a nightmare and I get lost. I strongly agree with the minimap, after playing in a few other servers over time the circle minimap I much rather prefer. Hope this can be changed in the future when the servers resources increase.

I have seen server that makes you buy a gps unit that you carry around in you pocket and can turn it on and off for a map on foot. Would that do the trick?

I can’t comment on the clutter as having a wide screen monitor pretty much puts all of the corner clutter in my peripheral vision and i don’t see it unless i look for it.

i’d like to see the Yellow Pages have some sort of permission to post element if that’s doable. Not being able to get your phone out because of an ad that is just two people tweeting via yellow pages is a pain in the butt. People aren’t supposed to do it but I’ve never seen it policed.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the circular map would work really well for eg if you were in a car it could act as a GPS how it turns and moves as I've seen it implemented into other cities.