Increase chance for legal/lawyer RP

Is it possible to create a speed dial or hotline number in city phone book of all phones, for lawyers or "legal-aid". At the moment Lawyer RP is a bit limited, especially for OPP side.

People ask for lawyers in the lock-up all the time during arrests but never know any lawyers numbers, so the cops just move one and it's lost RP. A legal-aid service could add to arrest RP and not just have cops fining and jailing people.

All Lawyer roles could receive a text from the hotline that a detainee messages. OPP could attend to receive a brief from PD and confirm there's enough evidence to charge, if not release detainee. OLD could provide advice to crim (on a set pay scale, $1k/5 mins to avoid time wasters?). This could allows cops to do arrest interviews? If there is a magistrate on it could go even further with arrest-in-custody court.

The whole process can count as time served off the crims sentence if jailed.

So if a crim commits a crime spree and would normally get 45 months. It could involve RP for most of it, rather than rotting in jail.

Example scenario.

Arrest 2000hrs - Crim + PD

Lock-up 2005hrs (time served 5 months) - Crim + PD

Legal advice 2015hrs. (time served 15 months) - Crim + PD + Lawyers

Court 2020-2040hrs. (time served 40 months) - Crim + PD + Lawyers + Magistrate

Jail time remaining - 5 Months. - Crim + Regrets.

• Like 2

although there is already a legal system in place, the idea of Crims being able to stand trial straight after arrest is an awesome idea for added LegalRp as it would also create more jobs in the city!

• Like 1

As the original idea requires Dev time.

a short term solution could be:  So that you OLD lawyers can get clients and cases. Maybe a #legalaid channel could be setup on main discord? Anyone locked up can @old or @lawyer in the main discord in that channel to flag down some much needed advice?
OLD lawyers in town could respond with with an ETA, callout cost, and advice to ‘no comment’ until you arrive?

Cops just tell detainees to email #legalaid on government website

• 3 weeks later...

I'll note that we lawyers do already get a ton of cases. It's part of the reason that the idea of people being able to just auto-text/call us makes me cringe. Not everyone has my number and yet I get about 4-5 calls every day. 

There are only a handful of lawyers in the city. There are hundreds of crims. 

Lawyer RP is awesome for crims. They get to just stand there while someone else does all the work for them. 

For the lawyers, it is often grueling- especially if the criminal is dumb and makes things worse (pro-tip: don't admit to more crimes while your lawyer is trying to help you). If it is a case that goes to court, it involves a *lot* of out-of-city paperwork, liaising with other departments, and scheduling between parties. 

There have been a lot of times I have considered quitting the OLD and it's not because of lack of work. It's because there's so much of it and people insist on wanting my time even more while also trying to get out of paying for it. (This is the other thing: the lawyer roles in city do not make a lot of money. Trainee lawyer starts at 300.)

If you want legal RP, start making it worth our time. Be more engaging. Pay for it. Consider interacting with lawyers outside of 'I wanna waste this cop's time' (<- literally I get these calls and guess what, that means you're wasting my time, too).

• 2 months later...