Stocks and electronic currencies

We should add these and if possible base them of real life have something like bird coin that mimics bitcoin and stocks but they don't mimic anything they are done automatically.

Outside of the meme-factor, what for?

Aside from it being a soloplay boredom killer, what would it actually bring to the city? Generally curious.

6 hours ago, AJ Brenner said:

Outside of the meme-factor, what for?

Aside from it being a soloplay boredom killer, what would it actually bring to the city? Generally curious.

Well, I'd say a new way to make money, no? I mean what are stocks for irl if not for money

Don't get me wrong i'm all for having more activities to do that can make money. I think they brought it up in one of the recent town meetings, and yes you're right it's a way money could be made but it would involve people closing themselves off from RP, you do the laptop stocks by yourself, you exchange or sell the stocks over an app, there's no interaction with anyone. I think that was the reasoning behind them being a bit iffy about it.

51 minutes ago, AJ Brenner said:

Don't get me wrong i'm all for having more activities to do that can make money. I think they brought it up in one of the recent town meetings, and yes you're right it's a way money could be made but it would involve people closing themselves off from RP, you do the laptop stocks by yourself, you exchange or sell the stocks over an app, there's no interaction with anyone. I think that was the reasoning behind them being a bit iffy about it.

Yeah it was basically this but it was also going to be a whole bunch of work to basically encourage people not to do jobs and to earn passive income, I know a few devs / staff don't think it is worth it but I can't speak for them all.