Remake Taxi Role or Remove it from Player Count.

Just a small suggestion here,

This afternoon I got curious about the taxi role, people are always on duty in the Alt+Z player count area but no matter what if you text the taxi line you never get picked up, after playing the role for 3 minutes I figure it out, the current implementation of the taxi role has neither a CAD system or a On / Off Duty option. One of these problems alone could have explained the never being picked up thing but because they are both missing the Taxi Role is fundamentally broken / misunderstood.

IMO there are two soloutions;

1. Re-link the taxi role to the phone number and give them back a CAD system with an ability to go both on and off duty

or

2. Remove the taxi player count from the Alt+Z menu / the phone number from the mobile and keep the taxi job the way it currently is (Local NPC missions and self driven RP.)

I don't know if there was a problem with the role and that is why it got nuked but barely anyone knows that the role doesn't function like RACV, so either clear up the confusion by removing the phone number and player count or bring some form of CAD system back.

Thankyou for coming to my TED talk.

Edited by VincentMGraves

Edit:

So I did some more testing today, turns out the taxi number is connected to something, when people text it a ping with coordinates and the reason is texted to all people on the job currently, sadly most people don't know how to use the coordinates (me included) so no one ever comes to the calls that are made.

All right I think it's about time I step in on this topic, as taxi work is quite literally my whole shebang. Does the taxi job need rework. yes. Will it be fixed by devs soon. Probs not. 

I run a taxi business in the city, Taxi Bauer. The plan of this is to run it like TBT and RACV. We have our own discord group (with gov) and have created  a CAD system( AKU system) that works within discord. This being said. Being a taxi driver is pretty hard. Nothing works the way it is designed to, except for the pinged location. There is no automated mechanics. It relies solely on your dedication to be creative. There's no communication between customer and driver, UNLESS the driver memorizes the number and calls the client themselves. this locks in the client and makes him stay there so you can pick them up. That's the most efficient way to get clients.

I would also want to point out the reason why there was a huge influx of taxi drivers in the city is because a lot of them were inspired by Barry taxi or the sons of taxi. That's why at one point, 3 months ago, there was 15 different #1 best Taxi in the city. There was an incentive to be a driver, because it meant you could rp with a streamer/content Creator.(or have a better chance at it).

Since then, they took out the billing mechanism, as it was abused and left the taxi drivers make their own fares and money through passed cash which primes the stealing if rides and scams. Since taxi driving doesn't have a way to guarantee you money like the billing system RACV has, no one wants to do it because it potentially makes you no money. A lot of taxi drivers get robbed for the reasons that when they ask for cash as payment they get held at gunpoint instead.

(If taxi Bauer gets up, we have a system (a map) in place to unify the fares for rides. At our reasonable price. But it's still a work in progress.)

Taxi role needs change, but not removal.

There is player based changes happening, but not dev changes as they are busy.

Tldr: there is a BUISNESS out there with solutions, no one wants to be taxi because Barry doesn't do taxi work, taxi drivers don't have a way to make guaranteed money when bringing a player to their destination. Don't remove taxi role.

• Like 2

• Vincent changed the title to Remake Taxi Role or Remove it from Player Count.
15 minutes ago, Mr_MeepGod said:

Taxi role needs change, but not removal.

I don't believe I advocated for it being removed, mainly just the player count and phone number being removed if it was to remain a purely RP based job with the only mechanics that stay are the NPC missions. I edited the title as I think that is the thing that confused you.

yup, go it mixed up. kinda tunneled visioned there. removing the player count would help, in the sense if there are no taxis online, i wont call a taxi. ik for a fact there are some who use the taxi job as 0placeholders because the per hour tick is the highest amongst jobs out there at 350. So theres  a problem, the taxi drivers wont go to calls because theyre just there for the tick money. as for the phone number removed, i think that it shoudnt because to those who RP as a taxi driver rely a lot on the taxi calls to then call the client, because most of the time, no one calls for a taxi based on their yellowpage ad, and more so use the taxi within their phone. 

• Like 2

Seems reasonable, you know more about the problems with the role so I will assume your POV is more accurate. ^ Whatever this guy said.

• 4 months later...

I think a player owned Taxi business could be a great attention to the city, remove it from the player count 100% tho cos its useless imo

I see how this can be a great addition to the city, I also struggle to think concept how many people use the taxi services, is this a booming industry to need work added to it due to the factor of people stealing local cars without the need of hotwiring them and the sheer amount of garages throughout the city that there's basically one in walking distance all the time. On top of that, fly in money is around 50k enough to buy a car.

I wish taxi services were more used throughout the city but I think an implement to change that would be less garages / the economy fixed and the lockpicking of local cars to be able to enable more use of the taxis.

• 2 months later...
On 04/06/2021 at 7:56 PM, Mr_MeepGod said:

All right I think it's about time I step in on this topic, as taxi work is quite literally my whole shebang. Does the taxi job need rework. yes. Will it be fixed by devs soon. Probs not. 

I run a taxi business in the city, Taxi Bauer. The plan of this is to run it like TBT and RACV. We have our own discord group (with gov) and have created  a CAD system( AKU system) that works within discord. This being said. Being a taxi driver is pretty hard. Nothing works the way it is designed to, except for the pinged location. There is no automated mechanics. It relies solely on your dedication to be creative. There's no communication between customer and driver, UNLESS the driver memorizes the number and calls the client themselves. this locks in the client and makes him stay there so you can pick them up. That's the most efficient way to get clients.

reviving a super old thread, mostly because I wasn't a BBRP member when this was a live conversation. I've been trying out a few jobs and i'm enjoying taxi the most - i'd definitely been keen to join up with Taxi Bauer, and do what I can to help flesh out a more player-run taxi business. 

Starting a taxi role I have zero idea about things like "what should i be charging?" and having some kind of system for who picks up what. Most of the time when I get a text, I have no way to contact that person to say "i'm on my way", so I just have to travel there and hope nobody else has picked them up, or that they haven't buggered off after waiting all of 20 seconds. 

Edited by b0rnwithabeard
fixing typos and grammar