Limit Spawn Points

Aku

This is probably kind of a controversial topic but I want to hear your opinion. So the idea is to limit Spawn locations to only airport and/or bus terminal.

1. Realism: the phrase "I just flew into the city" would now make actual sense since you will be spawned into the airport with other players and just spawning next to the garage and starting your day is kind of unrealistic.

2. RP opportunities: the usage of public transport (bus and possibly train if allowed by OneSync) would be encouraged and an actual valid option for people to use and not just a to do RP since if you were to spawn into the airport, you will either have to actually wait for a friend, call a taxi or wait for the bus to arrive and not get into the garage pull out your car and drive off.

3. Social contact and conversation: If we only had 2 spots to spawn in, the options to spread out are limited and conversation with others would be encouraged while you wait to get away. 

4. Get rid of Maccas/Zonah/Pillbox meeting spot: also attaching to the point above: the usual spots to hang out wild most probably be moved to the airport and the bus terminal which would make actually sense and which would also get rid of the usual meeting spots.

These are all the pros, but there are also cons such as that dannies could just drive into the spot or blow up people but these problems already happen at downtown McDonald's and server load could also be a problem but I don't really know about that. So if you like this idea please react with a like it something, that'd really help out, thank you!

*I always go on the negative, not trying to ruin the suggestion just trying to see if you have spent any time thinking past the surface level pros and cons*

1 & 2. Realism & RP Opportunities: Yes, 3 hours after restart when the original flood of players has calmed down there would be opportunities for more taxi and bus RP but in that first 10-20 minutes these new spawn points are going to be chaos, I don't love it but people play dodgy crims who just car jack whenever they could be getting someplace a little faster, the new spawns will be car jack central.

3. Social contact and conversation:  2 spawn spots is mental, assuming 1 of them is in the city and 1 of them is a bus station or something in Bendigo then one single sync zone in the city will have 200 Odd players within the first 10 minutes, this isn't normally a problem as there are like 4 spawns in the city all of which are walking distance from a garage so the sync zones aren't bogged down but your idea of using mainly taxi and bus transport will slow down this process massively. 

4. Get rid of hotspots: To get the original maccas to stop being a hotspot the business basically died. To stop the pink cage and pillbox to be hotspots we had to safezone them, get rid of tick pay whilst near them, double the price of medical treatment and create and entirely new hospital. If you didn't notice neither of these very harsh solutions helped, people who aren't RPing their character but are instead playing a game to hang out with people will always be on the server, these people won't care how difficult or inconvenient it is to chill and party, like life in Jurassic park they will find a way.

I think your idea has decent intentions but the potential consequences of this change are much more far reaching that you would have originally intended, whilst that isn't a suggestion killer I think you need to spend some time thinking of ways to either combat or eliminate problems like the ones I mentioned (There will be others I am sure.)

12 hours ago, VincentMGraves said:

*I always go on the negative, not trying to ruin the suggestion just trying to see if you have spent any time thinking past the surface level pros and cons*

1 & 2. Realism & RP Opportunities: Yes, 3 hours after restart when the original flood of players has calmed down there would be opportunities for more taxi and bus RP but in that first 10-20 minutes these new spawn points are going to be chaos, I don't love it but people play dodgy crims who just car jack whenever they could be getting someplace a little faster, the new spawns will be car jack central.

3. Social contact and conversation:  2 spawn spots is mental, assuming 1 of them is in the city and 1 of them is a bus station or something in Bendigo then one single sync zone in the city will have 200 Odd players within the first 10 minutes, this isn't normally a problem as there are like 4 spawns in the city all of which are walking distance from a garage so the sync zones aren't bogged down but your idea of using mainly taxi and bus transport will slow down this process massively. 

4. Get rid of hotspots: To get the original maccas to stop being a hotspot the business basically died. To stop the pink cage and pillbox to be hotspots we had to safezone them, get rid of tick pay whilst near them, double the price of medical treatment and create and entirely new hospital. If you didn't notice neither of these very harsh solutions helped, people who aren't RPing their character but are instead playing a game to hang out with people will always be on the server, these people won't care how difficult or inconvenient it is to chill and party, like life in Jurassic park they will find a way.

I think your idea has decent intentions but the potential consequences of this change are much more far reaching that you would have originally intended, whilst that isn't a suggestion killer I think you need to spend some time thinking of ways to either combat or eliminate problems like the ones I mentioned (There will be others I am sure.)

Thank you very much for your answer, I always look for constructive criticism and am happy that this could spark a conversation.

I realize that the suggestion is difficult and needs to be well thought out, that's why I mentioned that it might be controversial. And you can be rest assured that I've given it thought; it's just a suggestion and that's what makes it good: to hear other people and their ideas/opinions.

You don't have to answer but I want to hang on some points of yours and some negative sides. 

So from what I've noticed is that the biggest problem are the few minutes after tsunami. To combat that a solution (or rather possible suggestion) might be to enable all the usual Spawn points within the first 20mins since the realism part falls out (when would 10000 people fly into a city at once irl) and people could freely choose where they want to pop in. 

After those 20mins, the system could be limited down to 2/3 spawns, one the airport and the second to third being somewhere in Blaze(?) County. This (and the point above) would also prevent 200 people being in one zone as to not crash the server completely. And since there won't be more than 10 people joining in at the same time, the locations wouldn't get too crowded.

And for the hotspot solution: my intention wasn't to get rid of the hotpots, it was to move them somewhere more remote where the people who want to RP (like me) want to actually do RP stuff instead of getting run over by people doing donuts in front of the hotspots. (This is only a side effect or result and not the main focus point)

To summarize: One of the possible solutions would be to enable spawning everywhere the first 10 - 20mins (this might  have a big impact on lag and/or too elaborate for such a small thing and I'm sure there will be more problems) and have them use public transport or waiting for friends when the hype after the tsunami has died down.