Bug - no UI to start game

February 27

I am experiencing a bug where after I get through the queue the game goes through a blank (black) loading screen (music is still there) into the starting sky box, but no UI pops up to select your character and/or start the game. It doesn't freeze, the UI just never shows up. So I end up returning to the queue to try again.

It seems to happen every second time I play. Its probably not the end of the world, but it does effectively make the queue twice as long as a result.

Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

Thanks!

You say every second time you play- are you closing the FiveM client between sessions?

It's generally best practice to (when logging out, disconnecting, etc: any time you leave Blue Bird essentially) completely close FiveM. It can be a bit finicky and cause difficulties connecting if you don't. 

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I was having my original issues even after closing the client.

It actually ended up getting worse at one point tonight (stuck 7 times in a row), which could well be because I wasn't closing the client in between those retries (I found the F8 disconnect option and was testing that out). 

I've put a support ticket in after realising that it may be more appropriate. I will post here if I learn anything useful to share. 

7 hours ago, February 27 said:

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I was having my original issues even after closing the client.

It actually ended up getting worse at one point tonight (stuck 7 times in a row), which could well be because I wasn't closing the client in between those retries (I found the F8 disconnect option and was testing that out). 

I've put a support ticket in after realising that it may be more appropriate. I will post here if I learn anything useful to share. 

Hey, I get these Problems sometimes too. Haven't quite put my finger on the exact issue but I believe AMD GPU drivers are the culprit (for me anyway) . One Remedy that works 80% of the time is running GTA in windowed exclusive mode.

10 hours ago, February 27 said:

When you are connecting have you by any chances joined another server, disconnected and then connected to bluebird? When you dont fully shutdown FiveM after you join a server it can cause these issues sometimes.

On 23/04/2021 at 7:36 AM, Jong Howard said:

Hey, I get these Problems sometimes too. Haven't quite put my finger on the exact issue but I believe AMD GPU drivers are the culprit (for me anyway) . One Remedy that works 80% of the time is running GTA in windowed exclusive mode.

Hey, I am on NVIDIA but will try exclusive windowed mode and see if it helps too. Thanks.

On 23/04/2021 at 10:32 AM, Flamba said:

When you are connecting have you by any chances joined another server, disconnected and then connected to bluebird? When you dont fully shutdown FiveM after you join a server it can cause these issues sometimes.

Havent tried joining any new servers, but noted re full shut downs, going to make that a habit. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Is there a fix for this at all? I have a friend that purchase gold sub gets this everytime he trys to join.

Thanks